Homemade noodles always seem like a daunting task. A time consuming, “only for grandmas, but not for young moms,” overwhelming, daunting task. Then, I remembered that I’m not actually as young as I think I am. And also, they aren’t as scary as they seem… And get easier (and more comfortable) with each attempt.
What you need:
- 2 eggs + 1 egg yolk
- dash of salt
- 2 Tbsp milk or cream
- 2 cups flour
What you do:
- Beat eggs, milk/ cream, and salt together
- Stir egg mixture in with flour
- Put mixture on floured board, working in additional flour until stiff
- Using a rolling pin, roll out mixture until VERY thin
- Using a thin (and very sharp knife), cut the noodles into thin strips
How to cook:
- Boil noodles with chicken or beef broth until desired consistency (usually 10-15 minutes).
*Best served on top of a LARGE pile of mashed potatoes. YUM!