Summer is here. Time to lay by the pool, a cool drink in hand, and the sun kissing your skin to that perfect July-tinge. Even if you don’t have a pool, or like to get your tan on, you can still enjoy a refreshing summer cocktail.
One of my personal favorites is a spritzer.
While spritzers are traditionally just a simple white and a carbonated or mineral water mixture, I like to step my game up and enjoy a more fruity bang for my buck. Adding the sweetness of strawberries and a pink moscato champagne really set my summer relaxation into overload.
Try out my favorite summertime drink: Strawberry Spritzer
Muddle some large strawberries with a spoon or fork into a glass.
Add a tablespoon of simple syrup, followed by 1.5 ounces of cold mineral water (La Croix or Perrier are the top two) into the glass on top of the strawberries.
Add a healthy pour (6-10 ounces) of pink Moscato champagne and watch out for the bubbles!
Finish with a squeeze of lime to taste, a little ice, and a lime slice to garnish. Enjoy!
Makes 12 oz drink, multiply to modify
- 4 large strawberries
- 1 tablespoon of simple syrup
- 1.5 oz sparkling or mineral water
- 6-10 oz of pink Moscato champagne
- 1 lime (in wedges)
- Muddle the strawberries into a glass with a spoon or fork
- Add a tablespoon of simple syrup into the glass
- Add 1.5 oz of sparkling or mineral water
- Slowly pour 6-10 oz of pink Moscato champagne into glass
- Squeeze 1-2 wedges of lime juice into the glass
- Add ice
- Add a lime wedge on the edge for garnish